"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Monday, December 17, 2007

We are official!

Today, we officially became Macey's parents and she our daughter. It is a special day for us.

We started the morning with a big cry but it was over quickly and she hasn't cried since. She whines if she doesn't like something. She was a bit scared of daddy yesterday but has been much better today. She loves us both already and is doing very well. We have had many laughs today. She is loves to be tickled, just like her big sister.

We gave her first bath this morning and she did well, just fussed a little at water in her eyes. Her skin is really dry so I lathered her up. I put on a new Elmo outfit and she seemed very proud. She will mimic you...she brushed her hair a lot after I brushed it. So cute! Oh and she also loved the pockets on her jacket. She kept putting her hands in them and looking in the mirror. I'm not sure she has ever looked at herself before.

After first bath..I love my Elmo outfit!


I LOVE my pockets!


We went to breakfast after that. She eats really well, but when she doesn't want something, she throws it on the floor! We'll have to stop that! It's obvious she has used some utensils b/c she fed herself some congee with a spoon and ate some sweet potatoes with a fork. She's a big girl!

This congee is good!


Let me do it myself!!


We left after that to register the adoption and become official. There were three different stops and she got tired. At one point she was fussy and we gave her a bag of graham cracker sticks. She loved them and climbed up right in her own chair to eat them and watch all the busy activity in the room. Lots of kids were being adopted today in Jiangxi.

We are official!!




I'm liking my daddy better today.


With Director Zhou from Fuzhou SWI.


What a big girl eating a snack.


Well she is napping now and her daddy is out exploring Nanchang. I'm going to rest too. Wal-Mart is our destination tomorrow!

10 comments:

Mission To Macie said...

she is so adorable!

looks like y'all are settling in!

congrats again! :)

Jill

Unknown said...

Congrats Donna! She looks so happy in the pictures- and you and Daddy are beaming.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Congratulations! You are a family of 4 now!! So glad to hear she is doing well.

~Lynn

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Macie is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad things are going so well and that Macie is transitioning well. I'm enjoying reading your blog and I can't wait to meet your girls next August at LLFL!!! Enjoy Nanchang and Christmas in China with the greatest gift one could ever hope for...your adorable little Fu!! Congratulations!!!

A said...

She is so beautiful! I am so happy for you guys.
Very exciting!

Audra

Carol said...

Congratulations! Our Emily had the same expression for about 4 days and then it was all smiles!

NancyW said...

Awww - she is adorable. I'm so glad you had a great day together today. If she is imitating you now, just wait until she is home and has big sister Lena to imitate!

Nancy
(who now has two girls doing everything together!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Donna and Kevin! What a beautiful addition to your family! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear stories of Macey's adventures with her new
big sister, Lena.

Jean

Jana said...

I love the photos!! Although I've experienced it first-hand, I continue to me amazed at how much these sweet babies change in a matter of a few weeks. As they begin to let their guard down and open their hearts, their inner light shines. It's amazing what a forever family can do for a child, and a child for a forever family. To God be the glory!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was so frustrated that I couldn't view your blog at work and had to wait until I got home.
She's a beautiful little girl. I hope you all of you have doing well and enjoying your stay there. Lena is going to be SO excited to see you all when you get home! miss you!

ShankyC