"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Friday, December 28, 2007

The home stretch...

It's Friday here in China and we leave tomorrow. We're on the home stretch now!

We go to the consulate today at 3 pm to take our oath and receive Macey's visa. Then we are DONE! We have nothing else to do today but hang out.

Last night we played in a game room in the hotel with another family. They had little rides for the kids but Macey was too scared to ride them. She did play a racing video game with me but all she did was steer me into the walls! :) We came back to the room and just goofed off. Macey and daddy played with her little bracelets and she was wearing them on her ears like earrings. It was so cute! Daddy played a little keep-away with her too. He is already teasing the poor child all the time.

I brought crayons with us but never gave them to her until today. She is really liking them and playing so well with them. They are a hit!

Tonight we will have one last dinner at Lucy's Bar and Grill...they have a happy hour on Friday! Yippee! I don't drink beer so I guess I'll try one of their margaritas or some wine. We are going with several other families who are leaving tomorrow. One last get together before we go our separate ways. It has been a joy sharing this journey with them and we hope to keep in touch.

Have a good night in the USA...we are coming soon!

Macey wearing her "earrings":


I sure love this drawer!


Daddy already loves to tease me!


Loving my crayons!!


No comments: