"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Friday, December 28, 2007

Goodbye China, for now...

We will be on our way to the airport in about 17 hours. I'm glad to be going home but it is a little sad too. China has given me the two best gifts...my two beautiful daughters. And while I can moan and groan about what I miss about the USA and all the things I don't like about China, the truth is that I have benefitted from their family planning laws that seem so unfair to the families here. I can't help tonight but think about the women who gave my daughters life. Both of them are probably just a short distance from me right now and they may be wondering what has become of the babies they carried and gave birth to. I wish that I could meet these women and tell them thank you. I am so blessed by what they have had to do or chose to do. I love them both very much.

These are my two angels, gifts from God:

Lena


and Macey


I will be back in China one day. It may be just a few years from now, adopting another child. We haven't completely ruled that out. But most likely it will be when my daughters are older, to come back to the country of their birth. I want them to be so proud to be Chinese and learn to honor and love their culture and heritage. It is the one gift I can give to their birth mothers.

Goodbye China, for now...

...I'll post again when we get home!! Please pray for our safe travels.

6 comments:

Denise said...

I am praying for safe travels for you! Thank you for sharing your journey with us...it has helped us prepare for our trip to get Maggie. And thank you for all of yor packing advice on our yahoo group...it was very helpful!

Anonymous said...

Donna- I can't wait to see you all! I've really enjoyed watching this unfold thru your blog! Safe travels!

Christen

Charlotte said...

I don't know what it is about China ! I just love it too and can't get enough of it ! I hope one day they change the single's rule again or I get married, lol. If not will have to go back when they're older for the heritage tours.

So glad we got to follow your journey !

I love to relive them over and over again !

Charlotte
www.charlottes4angels.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for all of you. We live in NW Houston, also. My second daughter was a waiting child in China, also (home almose a year now). What a blessing she is to all of us.

Laura
http://katieandsarah.blogspot.com

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Have a wonderful 2008 - stay happy and safe and speedy referrals for everyone... take care...

Starla said...

Welcome Home, Donna!!! Enjoy your two little girls, and get some sleep so you can get over that dreadful jetlag! Blessings, Starla