"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Chen Family Temple

This morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the White Swan!! Yippee! After breakfast in Nanchang for six days, it was a welcome site. :) After that we went on a tour to the Chen Family Temple. From the internet... "The Chen Family Temple, also known as Guangdong Folk Art Museum, was built in the 1890s and has nine halls and six courtyards. Its windows, door frames, and pavilions are lavishly decorated with intricate carvings and sculptures. It is now the largest and best preserved and decorated ancient architecture existing in Guangdong province. The decoration combines wood carving, brick carving, stone carving, clay sculpture, ash sculpture, brass and iron foundry, grotto, new year painting, and other art forms. The special historical, artistic, and scientific aspects of the temple have made it an important attraction in Guangzhou."

While we were there, Macey wanted to get out of the stroller and walk. Well she ran all over the place! We had to chase her around. She was so excited to be out exploring. Eventually I had to carry her in the sling, which she wasn't too happy about at first.

After the Chen Family Temple we went to a government store and I bought a few things for folks back home. Then we had lunch at Lucy's. Macey is a fiend for corn on the cob so I ordered a side order of that for her. It comes on a stick and she has obviously eaten it before because she knows exactly how to eat it. She ate almost two small ears by herself, plus some of our guide's noodles and my sweet and sour chicken.

I'm trying to get her to nap now but the crib has little balls on the side that remind me of an abacus. She thinks they are fun and she plays with them instead of napping. She is going to be quite a toot when we get her home, just like her sister. But I can't wait!!

Here are today's photos:

















2 comments:

Denise said...

Just found your site through the waiting children China yahoo group. Macey is beautiful and seems to be bonding well. We are waiting on our LOA for our daughter Maggie who will be 2 in January, so it helps me to read blogs of others who are adopting toddlers.

What a wonderful Christmas this must be for you!

Visit our blog when you have a chance...I so hope that we will travel in early 2008~

Denise
www.journeytomaggiemae.blogspot.com

Melissa Ward said...

I'm so glad that you are having a great time. I would LOVE to be in China right now.....the shopping and people on Shamin Island was wonderful!

I hope we get a chance to meet in August at LLFL!

Melissa
dh: Cris
dd: Emilie a: 1/8/04 from Gaoming SWI
dd: Leah a: 6/12/06 from Fuzhou SWI