"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Monday, December 24, 2007

Medical Exam

Today, Christmas Eve, we had the medical exam that is required for Macey to receive her visa to enter the United States. I have to say that it was a breeze. Well, there were a lot of families there and some of the lines we had to wait in were long. But Macey was a total trooper...not one tear! Of course, she has been having regular checkups at the SWI for almost 18 months so I guess she is used to it.

Here's the biggest news...SHE IS 27 POUNDS! OMG! I knew she was heavy but she weighs almost as much as her 3.5 year old sister. She has been eating a little less the last few days. I think she finally trusts that we are going to feed her regular meals, there is no need to eat until she pops. :)

Tonight we are having dinner at JM Chef for Christmas Eve. I'm told by another mom that they have good chicken and green beans there. Kevin has been pondering having snake but we saw them alive in the place today and I think he may have changed his mind. Plus it was 200 yuan (about $27) and he's too cheap for that. Ha! I guess we'll see.

Have a lovely Christmas Eve back home! Here are medical exam photos:













2 comments:

Andrea Nielsen said...

Have a very Merry Christmas! Macey is beautiful and looks to be happy and healthy. Love the poochie tummy picture from a few days ago. My 2 year old also came to me at a whopping 29 pounds so I know what it is like to have a big girl. Congratulations again!
Andrea

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Glad to see that all is going well... have a merry christmas... well, I think that you are right now... you have the best gift imaginable...