"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Elephant Lake Park

Last night, our guide Veronica took us to a restaurant right next to the hotel. Can I just say YUMMY?!?!? It was such good food. We had fried rice, broccoli, shredded pork and a beef dish. The shredded pork was served with little tortilla-like bread, cucumbers and onions and you eat it like little wraps. It was my favorite. Macey ate a TON! I already realize that we will have to regulate her food intake when we are home. I think that if she sees food still on the table, she thinks she needs to be eating. We'll be leaving all food on the stove and bringing her a plate with the appropriate amount of food. We'll also be having her tested for intestinal parasites as many children in China have them. She has a big belly!! :)

This morning we went to Elephant Lake Park. It was beautiful. There's a
huge man-made lake and we saw many men out fishing. We also saw people doing tai chi. Finally near the end there is a Daoist temple that was just amazing. We were glad to be outside again and not couped up inside. Afterwards, we had lunch at a place called Prince Music Cookout. It was very good also, especially the green beans and potatoes.

I have to say that I am having a much better food experience this time than last. I don't know if my tastes have changed or if I'm just open to more things. Or maybe the food really is just better this time. I am ready for Western food though!

Here are photos from last night's dinner, Elephant Lake Park, and lunch today:

BIG dinner!!


Yields a BIG belly!


Elephant Lake Park and Daoist temple...beautiful!


















Today at lunch...I LOVE this pork on a stick!

3 comments:

Carol said...

ha! I love that belly!

I think our daughters look a lot alike....you should come to our blog!!!

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Donna

I have loved following your journey. Macey is so adorable. Praying that the rest of your trip is as wonderful as the first has been.

Love, Carol
oakes1199@yahoo.com

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Sounds like you are really enjoying your second time in China. Macey is adorable!!