"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The BIG day is here!

Today, Kevin & I leave for China to bring Macey Leigh home!! I am working on last minute packing and chores now and then I hope to get a couple more hours of sleep.

Itinerary is:
12/12-12/14 - travel Houston to LAX to Guangzhou to Beijing; arrive in Beijing at noon on 12/14
12/15 - sightseeing at Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square
12/16 - Fly to Nanchang - GET MACEY!!
12/17 - 12/21 - sightseeing and adoption hearings in Nanchang
12/22 - Fly to Guangzhou
12/22-12/28 - sightseeing in Guangzhou and all required adoption appointments to receive Macey's visa into the US
12/29 - Depart for home!!
12/30 - Arrive home at 5:40 a.m.!

Thank you all for your support and prayers over the last 8 months as we prepared for this day. I'll post as often as I can (if I can figure out how to set up the laptop in China!)

Love from,
Donna Kay and Kevin
DD Lena (3.5), Gaoming SWI, Guangdong
DD Macey (22 mos) waiting for us in Fuzhou, Jiangxi

Last night home:




Packing chaos:


Done packing:


Lena & Barney want to go too!

4 comments:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

It's sooooo exciting! I can't wait to follow your trip and see Macey in your arms!!

I'm praying for your safety and for your precious little one.

~Lynn

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Good Luck
Send some of that snow to Anchorage!! We NEED more
Kathy
lindsey's mom

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Let the fun begin... can't wait until you get Macey... take care

Mission To Macie said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait until the 16th!!!!!! i hope y'all had a good flight over!

remember lots of pictures!!!!!!!!

Jill and Macie Lee :)