"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Beijing sightseeing day!

Today was quite a whirlwind and I have lots of photos. First of all, Kevin and I were wide awake at 4 a.m. The time change is hard to adjust to. We were at breakfast at 6:30 and our tour wasn't leaving until 9. So we had time to kill and went strolling around the hotel. We found a McDonald's and a Subway:





Our tour began at Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City:









This was interesting. The sign says "Do not pick the flowers." Do you see any flowers? Someone did not read the sign! :)



And I really loved this sign:



Then we saw a Cloisonné factory and had an AMAZING lunch at the Yulong Restaurant. I was surprised how much I loved the food there. It was a feast!!





Then we went to the Great Wall:







After the Great Wall, we came back to the hotel. We are wiped out! We are going to bed. Tomorrow we get Macey!!

BTW, these photos are from our hotel lobby, all decorated for Christmas. I had to share the Snow White one for Lena. I love you baby girl and miss you!





Oh, and I had to post this for MaryJo, Janet and Cheryl back home. Here's a squatty potty you guys!


Oh and in case any of you guys are concerned that you might ever be in China and need a "Little blue pill", they are available!



Good night from Beijing!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Donna, I love the entry, you guys are too funny. I hope it's not too cold for you in Beijing after the warm climes of Houston. Enjoy the ride! Colleen

Melissa Ward said...

I was excited to see your entry. I remember too well all the excitment that you are feeling. Have a great time. I can't wait to see Macey in your arms tomorrow!

Melissa
dh: Cris
dd: Emilie a: 1/8/04 from Gaoming SWI
dd: Leah a: 6/12/06 from Fuzhou SWI

Somewhere In The Sun said...

GREAT pictures! I like that they are not the "standard" pictures you normally see. It looks so cold! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed Beijing. The pictures are great. Can't wait to hear all about Macey!

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I'm anxiously watching for a new post. I hope everything is perfect tomporrow! I can't wait to see you & Kevin holding Macey!