"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18:5

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

7 days to go!

Yes, you read the time stamp correctly. It is about 2 a.m. and I'm wide awake. Why? BECAUSE I'M LEAVING IN A WEEK AND I CAN'T SLEEP! So here are a few updates.

The packing has begun in earnest. I have boiled new nipples for the bottles. (I know Macey still takes a bottle from the updated photos I got a while back). I have run all the bottles through the dishwasher. I have begun packing Macey's toy type goodies in the little princess backpack I bought her. And I think Lena's trying to tell me something, like "Take me with you!"



Regarding Macey's room, we are about done. Thank goodness right b/c we leave in 7 days for crying out loud! Thanksgiving week, my mother-in-law and I went in search of an antique dresser for the room. We had learned of a shabby chic looking dresser painted an aqua paint. Normally I'd have said NO WAY but the bedding has aqua in it. The dresser was a steal, especially since Grammy paid half! LOL! It did have horrible knobs on it so I got new ones. Lena and I put them on last night. Oh, and the dresser needed some minor repairs which Kevin made a few days ago, again with Lena's assistance. What a helper!

Daddy working on the dresser:


Lena helping with the dresser repairs:


New knobs:


Finished product!:

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh how I love that chest of drawers... love the handles...

Courtney said...

So happy for you and your journey to Macey! Lena is adorable too ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm sure I'll learn a lot from those traveling this month! Have a safe trip! Congrats!!